Tuesday, August 31, 2004
You should have seen the moon tonight! We were coming home from my parents' house and driving east; you could just barely see the moon behind a few buildings and trees, etc. As we drove on, all of the sudden this big huge, orange-in-color, looking almost full, and huge (did I say huge??) moon appears! It was beautiful, even though a bit eery looking....And where was my camera???? And who was driving???? You'd think I'd learn. Never leave home without your camera and always be ready to take the perfect shot!
Well we had a great visit with my parents and my dad put a new hard drive in my computer for me, so I'm a happy girl!! Thanks, Dad!! (Even though I know you don't come here, I know you'll get this message via Mom!)
In just 3 short days we will be on our way to Chicago! We're leaving very early Friday morning so we can enjoy a good portion of the day there, spend all of Saturday and part of Sunday there, and arrive back in the tri-cities by Sunday evening. This way we'll have all of Monday to rest up for another work/school week.
No, I didn't get my pictures posted and I didn't do any memes tonight, but tomorrow is a new day. After having dinner with my co-workers, I should have plenty of time to play on my computer. (I hope!)
Now I must retire for the evening; the kid wants to get up extra early because it's school picture day. Joy of all joys. I should go into that business; I sometimes wonder where they get those photographers from.
I have NO idea what happened to my date clock over to the left; any suggestions??? All I did was get rid of my August blinkie calendar and now that clock thing looks all stupid...hmmmmmm
2 minutes later: I know what was wrong with my clock; Because the word 'Wednesday' and the word 'September' are so long, it wouldn't fit on the same line. So if you're using this code at all, just abbreviate one of the words. =)
I'll leave you with this to ponder........"Real happiness comes from inside. No one can give it to you."
Monday, August 30, 2004
First Day of School...
Up at 6:15 this morning so I can wake the kid up at 6:45 so we can be gone by 7:20...SIGH
It's the first day back to school and right NOW I don't feel any more tired than if I slept in until 8:00 (which of course I rarely do; 6:45 is the usual wake-up time for me), but I just have a feeling that by 3:00 this afternoon I will be looking for a place to take a nap. Why does a half hour make so much difference?? I'll be taking my camera along with me today so I can get my photo up for Photo Time. I can't let my daughter see me taking pictures though; she'll duck and hide. Well, since I work directly across from a middle school, I suppose I could get a few shots there too. Or better yet, get a picture of the kid waking up on her first day; wouldn't THAT be lovely! =)
The 'Click It or Ticket' Campaign is going strong around here; if you don't have your seatbelt on while driving, you will be ticketed; no ifs, ands, or buts about it. No worries here; we always buckle up...Not much to say, as you can plainly see, so I think I'll be on my way.
Plans for later today: finish up business cards for someone, finish a drawing I started yesterday, finish cleaning my house, and post my answers for a couple of memes. Until then, enjoy!! =)
Saturday, August 28, 2004
How Dumb Am I????
I probably shouldn't even say anything, but I'm going to anyway; August is almost over so I'm not remaking any of my calendars. I just noticed that all my August blinkie calendars have the 28th and the 29th switched around. It goes like this.... 26, 27, 29, 28, 30, 31. Heh!! I was amused and I am thankful no one noticed before because I'd have had to redo all of them. But I'm working on some September calendars now, so not to worry. (Let's see if I can get the numbers in the correct order!) =)
Also, I am so happy I got to spend time on my computer today because last night I started drawing a new image in PSP7. I finished it and if you'd like to see, go here. It's the one with the window and desk...Now I should probably vacuum my kitchen floor and do some other odds and ends that need to be done. Enjoying your weekend, I hope??
Friday, August 27, 2004
Let's see if this time it posts for me! Blogger is temperamental today it seems. I tried to post earlier this morning but it disappeared on me and I didn't have time to stick around and re-do it then.
Monday Madness on a Friday!
1. Which is more fun, kid's toys or grown-up kid's toys? (ie. Lego's vs. power tools) I like K'Nex and jigsaw puzzles and some of those hand-held games. Other than that, I like my grown-up toys (i.e. computer, digital camera, etc.) No power tools though! =)
2. What's your favorite food and why? Which food is your number one weakness? Hmmmmm.....Favorite food: Maybe pizza, but it has to have a lot of items on it! Number one weakness: I know I'm weird, but it's not chocolate; probably something like Doritos or Fritos or chips.
3. How many blogs/journals/diaries would you say you read? I have quite a few on my blogroll and more linked here, and I try to read them as regularly as I can; I'm guessing maybe 40+?
4. Do you feel you have an obligation to spread your religious belief system to others, or do you think religion is a private matter that everyone needs to decide for themselves? I don't feel an obligation to spread my religious beliefs to others; matter of fact, I believe everyone has the right to their own beliefs without being pressured by someone whose beliefs differ from theirs.
5. Did you keep a paper journal before blogging? I started one when my daughter was born (for her) but I didn't keep it up. Now I wish I had, but for myself? No.
6. Describe your life in 3 words. Busy, Fulfilling, Content
7. What was the last thing you were wrong about? The first thing that comes to mind is last weekend when my dad was talking to me, I thought he said something he didn't say and I was all ready to defend myself. He told me what he really said and I apologized to him for my response. (Must've been one of those days...)
8. What one thing would you do to help the world be a better place for all? What I am already doing; trying to help others, and keep a positive attitude. It's amazing how our attitudes can make a difference!
9. Are you a dog person or a cat person? I guess a cat person; you have to find babysitters for your dogs when you leave for a few days. Cats just need to be fed and new litter put in their box.
10. If you could start your own meme (And you can!), what kind of questions would you ask? Anything I can get my hands on! No really, as you can see by this meme, the type of questions vary from week to week. I do really want to start another meme though, but I'm still trying to figure out how it's going to work.
Ok, that'll do for now! I do plan to post a picture for this week's theme at Photo Time, which is 'school days.' Look for that within the next 24 hours! And since summer is inching its way towards fall soon, enjoy these precious few days of hot weather we have left! (Unless of course you're living somewhere that it's winter right now....) Regardless, enjoy!! Have yourselves a wonderful weekend too! I plan to be home most of the weekend and not do any work! =)
(Tip of the Day: Copy all posts into a notepad before clicking 'publish post.' If it doesn't post and you lose it, at least you have it saved for later!!)
My post didn't publish.....I'll have to blog later; gotta go! Bummer!!
Wednesday, August 25, 2004
I'm going to bed soon but I feel the desire to blog first...
The funeral was huge. We had all available chairs out in the church and even had to add folding chairs in the back, and still there were dozens of people standing. One probably never knows how many lives they've touched. We didn't go to the cemetery or to the dinner afterward; the funeral alone was longer than an hour and a half. My kid babysat for someone who attended and she didn't come home until 4:00 p.m. (The funeral was at 11:00 a.m.)
It seems my blogger banner is looking ok now. I still may lower all the stuff in the middle but I see no urgency there so it won't be happening in the near future.
Halfway through my week off and I'm not really feeling like I've had time off yet. Yes, I've been off since last Thursday and we did have a wonderful few days away and I'm very thankful for that, but somehow when I'm off and I'm home, time fills up so fast and it doesn't seem like I've been off work. Another good reason to take time off and GO AWAY!! =)
The phone rang this afternoon and it was the secretary from the church that I do bookkeeping for; my daughter answered the phone and took the message (because the secretary thought I was out of town). She said there is a staff picnic that I am 'required' to go to on Sunday afternoon at 2:30 p.m. and I must bring a dish to pass, but I can't bring potato salad or veggies or something else (can't remember). Well, guess what? I'm calling her tomorrow and telling her that we're planning to be gone this weekend as well and I cannot attend this picnic! (I'll be darned if I'm going to give up a Sunday afternoon for people I don't even really work with and if I did, I certainly wouldn't choose to spend my Sunday afternoon with them anyway!) I'm not going....that's all there is to it. Besides, since when is a staff picnic mandatory????
I rented a few movies this afternoon so maybe my kid and I can watch them before she goes back to school on Monday. I'm glad she didn't start this past Monday like some of the kids did....just seems to early, you know? I wish they'd go back to the days when school didn't start until after Labor Day.
I'll be answering my Monday Madness questions tomorrow sometime and maybe a few other memes as well.....until then, take care!
Monday, August 23, 2004
We're home! (Really we got home around 9:00 p.m. or so...) It was great to get away for a few days. AND to visit with some of my family! All is well.
We did get word though while we were gone, that a friend of ours from our church passed away Thursday, so we will be attending her funeral on Tuesday. We just visited her in the hospital not even two weeks ago and she was released a couple of days later. One never knows.....
I watched some of the Olympics tonight and I felt bad for the Russian girl that lost her grip on the uneven parallel bars. I believe she would have gotten a medal had that not happened. I really enjoy watching the gymnastics; it's amazing what these girls (and guys) can do! What is your favorite Olympic sport to watch?
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I have lots to catch up on.......starting tomorrow! For now, goodnight. zzzzzzzzzzz
Sunday, August 22, 2004
We'll be on our way home this afternoon; the vacation went well; the weather was nice. More later... =)
Wednesday, August 18, 2004
I think Blogger figured out that I was trying to erase their ad banner and put 2 of them on here.....don't have time to fix it now but in 5 days I will be rearranging a few things so you can see my blog the way it's supposed to be seen. (BUMMER!!!) =(
I think I'm all packed and ready to go; as soon as I get out of work tomorrow, we are heading west! We'll be returning Sunday evening...Other than that, not much happening around here. I haven't been spending as much time on the computer as I'd like these past few days, but believe me, I will be making up for it when we return from vacation!
It's amazing how much work one can get done when necessary. I'm always fearful though, that my boss will expect that kind of productivity from me all the time. Not to say I'm not always productive; but when time is an issue, we find out what we're really capable of, don't you think?
The kid starts school on the 30th; I'm sure she's wondering where the summer went. I know I am! I was really starting to get used to just having to get up and having the bathroom all to myself and not driving her to school every morning. There and back is a half hour. Such is life....I sure wish they started school after Labor Day though, the 'official' end of summer.
I'm calling it a night now, but before I leave (since you may not 'hear' from me for 5 days), I want to leave you with this quote.....
"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible." ~C. Malesherbez
Monday, August 16, 2004
The painting is done. The lady loved the look of her 'new' livingroom and hallway. Since we were painting brown paneling, it required one coat of primer and 3 coats of paint; I hope she doesn't decide she wants her bedrooms and kitchen painted!
I have a 3-day work week and then it's off to do a little vacationing! I won't be on the computer much after Wednesday, but after next weekend I'm sure I'll be making up for lost time. My kid went to Pontiac today for an all-day concert; 40+ bands. Since we drove her and her friend down there last year, it was the other parents' turn to drive this year. The concert started at 11:00 a.m. and probably wasn't over until 8 or 9 at night. I'll see her tomorrow (Monday) and I'm glad because I miss her. I can't imagine what I'm going to do when she goes off to college. =(
We're thinking of going to visit my stepson in Chicago in a few weeks. He's already invited us to stay with him, and of course we'll take him up on that offer. I understand there's a free zoo in Chicago that is awesome; we'll definitely be visiting that! Any other suggestions?
Uh-hem! 'Tis Monday and I am doing the Monday Madness (before I go to bed on Sunday, actually.)
These questions are just some of the ones submitted by participants...so we will call this week's theme 'potpourri.'
1. If you could only take one item with you on to a deserted island what book, movie, music would you take? I would take a book; which one? Not sure, but a very long one. For music I'd need batteries and a movie? I doubt they'd have a dvd player so that would be pointless, right? =)
2. What's the most disgusting thing that you have ever eaten or even just put in your mouth?? Oh my. I probably shouldn't say anything, but I was at my boss's house one night celebrating someone's birthday with the staff and she always serves snacks (cuz I can't spell 'horse deuvres') first. It was dimly lit in her living room and she had all this food out on the coffee table. Well, I dipped my hand in what I thought was some kind of nuts and put them in my mouth. It was potpourri!! You know, those dried up round things? (I think they're dried cranberries or something, but it really did look like a snack, I swear!!) I immediately ran to the kitchen to spit them out and of course everyone had a great laugh at me. (Well, it was funny at the time.......)
3. What one thing would you do differently if given the chance? I know there are things I SHOULD have done differently in my life, but I also know that each decision we make and everything we do, leads up to what and who we are now. That's not to say that I've never made a bad decision; it's to say that I do believe things happen for a reason and as long as we learn from our mistakes, we'll be better people for it. So I wouldn't have done anything differently.
4. What political party, if any, do you belong to? Taking the 5th!
5. Do you like icees? If you're talking about those Italian things? I only had the opportunity to taste one once, and yes, it was very good. Would I seek them out? Probably not.
6. East or West? If given the choice to live on the east or the west coast, I do believe I'd choose west.
7. Will we ever "all" be happy with the current political situation???? Of course not. We are too diverse; but that's a good thing, don't you think?
8. Cookies or Crackers? I eat crackers way more than I eat cookies! Sweets aren't generally my weakness; it's the salty junk food snacks.
9. What fun thing did you do today? While I wouldn't consider painting 'fun' really; we did laugh a lot while we were working. You just gotta make the best of every situation!
...and #10 has nothing to do with any of the above questions.........
10. Why?? Since I'm sure 'Why Not?' has been said already (or maybe not), I will attempt to come up with a more original answer.....How about 'Because I said so!' (which I'm sure has already been said as well.....) So how about Why 'Do Fools Fall in Love?' (Got anything better???) =)
That's all for tonight, since I started writing this at the time you see at the bottom of my post (it's really 12:55 a.m. right now) and I must go to work in the a.m. Enjoy your week!! =)
Saturday, August 14, 2004
Shhhh....don't tell anyone; I'm skipping church tomorrow. Gotta finish up the painting project so we can be done by 2:00 p.m. when the owner of the house comes home. I'm SO tired! And the smell of paint gets to me after awhile so I'm planning on hittin' the sack just as soon as I'm done here.
My computer MISSSES me!!! Anyway, I sure hope you're all enjoying the weekend! Are you watching the Olympics? Let me know if I miss anything. I should be back in the 'swing' tomorrow sometime, but for now I'm calling it a night! G'night!!! =)
Friday, August 13, 2004
It's officially Friday the 13th....anybody superstitious? (Why does that word look like it's not spelled right???)
I won't be blogging much for the next couple of days; another painting project! BUT, the good news is, it will help us when we go on our little vacation next week! (Gotta always look on the bright side, you know!) We'll be leaving Wednesday afternoon as soon as I get out of work, to visit one of my sisters and her family, and from there we will make our way to my parents' cabin. I'm looking forward to getting away again. I'm sure I'll be prepared as far as my job goes because I'm already working on next week's work so I can finish everything by Wednesday. Then no work for a whole week afterward!! Since my co-worker (the good one) moved into her own office, I've been working so efficiently! I didn't realize how much of a distraction it was having someone else working up front with me until she moved down the hall. We've been talking about her moving since last summer; my boss said she thought we could both benefit from it, so this summer it finally came to be. We're all happy about it and I must admit, it is easier to concentrate on what I'm doing.
So the question of the day is.......Do you have any superstitions about Friday the 13th??? Anything you WON'T do on that day? Anything you ALWAYS do on that day? I'd like to hear what you have to say!
Until next time.........
Wednesday, August 11, 2004
I wanted to put this link up for you again in case you didn't get a chance to try it out...don't let go!. It's a game of some sort. I only tried it once because I just know myself too well and I know I would always want to beat my last time/score. I'm sure I'll be back; matter of fact, you may just see the link sitting permanently on my sidebar to the right (just in case!) =)
I've not yet been to all my monday madness participants' blogs, but of course I checked out some, and lookie what I found!! A couple of new and interesting places to visit: the goddess says..., roscoe, and the daily snooze, just to name a few.
Now, y'all know that bryn's son is getting married soon, and I've been making these little angel graphics lately, so I got this bright idea to make one for her.....I'll most likely offer it up for adoption and of course change the date as needed. Here 'tis:
Enjoy the rest of your week! I'll be back around soon! =)
Tuesday, August 10, 2004
Good Tuesday Morning! Time for my monday madness... The theme? Potpourri; a selection of questions from our faithful participants:
1. What's "it" all about, anyway? It's all about your attitude! Change your attitude and you can change your life! =)
2. What radical political ideas do you have, if any? I don't really have any radical political ideas. There are some issues I feel strongely about, but I wouldn't consider my beliefs radical.
3. Do you believe that you 'fit' the profile of your astrological star sign? Yes, in some ways; but doesn't everyone?
4. Will blogging survive 2005 or is it a fad? It will definitely survive; not only 2005, but 2010! It's here to stay!
5. Do you Ebay? If so, what and how often? Is it a full-time job, part-time hobby, or just to clear the junk from your house? I don't Ebay; not to say I never will, but at this point, it's not in my near future.
6. True or False: When I vote, I am all for one party. False.
7. Meat or veggie sauce on your spaghetti? Meat AND veggie sauce! The chunkier, the better!
8. Would you ever be on a TV Reality Show? Not in this lifetime.
9. What is one thing (or place) that you would like to do (or see) that you have not yet done (or seen?) I would like to open up my own business. I think I will one day.
10. Do you answer memes honestly? I sure do try!
And if that wasn't enough fun for you, check this out.....found at shirl's; don't let go. How long can you hang on??? =)
Sunday, August 08, 2004
I have completed the challenge.....my '26 things'
Saturday, August 07, 2004
Good Saturday Morning! I stayed up way too late last night working on a new page; and I finally figured out how to code with iframes! I do believe they are useful for certain things; although in my opinion, they can be over-used. I decided that my adoptables needed to be more organized to make it easy to find what you're looking for. If you want, check out my new adoptables by otto page. I've got a lot more to do before it's complete but it's a start, and it'll give you an idea of how I decided to use iframes. After spending hours on the internet reading tutorials, the one that was really helpful was this one....simple and to the point. I will give credit on my page to this person too. And like anything else when it comes to coding with html, after figuring it out, it's not nearly as complicated as I originally thought. You DO have to make a new page for every 'frame' though, but even that's not hard; I just copied the code from the first page and changed the img src tags...anyway, it's there and I'll have fun working on that later today.
In other news: Work is going well; on Thursday I was able to be polite and professional to the co-worker I referred to in my previous post and all was well. I couldn't bring myself to eating lunch with them but I just used some lame excuse like, 'I have to finish up what I'm doing first, then I'll join you.' Well obviously I had to intentions of joining them; and by the time I was finished with what I was working on, everyone was done with lunch, so I went and heated mine up and ate at my desk. My boss has insisted on rescheduling our dinner out though, and I told her since I cannot stand fake people, if things don't get worked out between me and this other person, I just as soon not go because I would be one big hypocrite (sp?). We shall see.......
Not much planned for this weekend, but I'm happy about that. Last weekend was kind of busy and next weekend we'll be painting someone's trailer, so I'm going to enjoy my 'easy life' while I can! I have a couple of small projects I have to do for people; t-shirts, business cards, and bookmarks, but I'll have plenty of time to get those done tonight. For now, I'm off to take a shower so we can buy the paint for next weekend. Y'all have a great Saturday!! =)
Thursday, August 05, 2004
First off, let this day NOT go by without me wishing my sisters a Happy Birthday!! Happy Birthday, Pam and Pat!!! (Don't know if you'll see this, BUT I've taken care of that by sending something via 'snail mail.') =) P.S. I wrote this at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, so it was really still their birthday then!!
Today was a very strange day at work. I know you've heard me rant and rave about one of my co-workers....well it's your lucky day! I won't go into all the sordid details but the whole thing boils down to the fact that this woman will just not keep her mouth shut and act professional. She's our pastoral associate for goodness sake, and she's pi**ed off more people than I could count. Many people have asked me why we keep her employed.....not my department; I didn't hire her. (Of course I don't tell them that; I just say, 'Well, have you talked to Sr. H about this?') She is a very difficult person to deal with; it's like walking on eggshells most of the time around her. And when it comes to disagreeing with her, it's just easier to say 'Uh huh....' She'll go into one of her 'No one likes me; I guess I'll go eat worms.' moods. I've spent way too much time already trying to be nice to her and have gone out of my way to make amends in the past. I will not continue this game; I have bigger and better things to worry about, believe me!
I was supposed to be at a birthday celebration dinner earlier tonight (yes, her birthday) and she was in such a horrible mood today (but first lied and said she didn't feel good; she had a 'rough night.') that she decided we weren't going. (yay!!! I didn't want to go anyway!!!) But it was all because of me; apparently something I said 'behind her back.' To my boss! Who, mind you, has this way of getting anything out of you and will not stop until all the dirt comes out. My boss has good intentions; she tries to keep the peace between us all, but some things are just not worth the effort....I told her that today; I also told her that I will no longer play this psychological game we've been required to play since this co-worker started working there. It's all about her; always! If she's having a 'bad day', or had a 'rough night' my boss tells her to go home and get some rest. AND the whole office suffers her pain along with her because she makes our lives a living hell. I told my boss that I can come in there every day with a smile on my face no matter WHAT is bothering me because I am there to do a job and whatever is going on in my personal life does NOT belong in the office. I also told her that even though I'm thankful we've formed a friendship, that it can have its downfalls too. We feel much too comfortable bringing our personal problems into work with us because she's always made herself available to listen if something is bothering one of us. (I think she was very understanding and supportive.) I have asked ONCE in the 7 years I've been there, to go home early because I couldn't concentrate on my work; ONCE! (And that was only 1 hour early.) This person is allowed to go home early, not come in on time, work weird hours (to avoid contact with humans) anytime she wants because she's got 'problems' and she's done nothing but play on my boss's sympathy from day one. Again, this cannot be my problem; and I've actually almost come to the point of not letting any of this bother me because it's something I have no control over. I've had to put it in the 'things I cannot change' category, and believe me, it was a long time getting to that point!
So, I have decided to go into work, be professional, not let this woman get to me, and interact as little as possible with her. I can do it; I know I can. AND I will walk into work with a smile on my face as always; and if I'm dealing with personal problems, no one will know it, as usual.......because in my opinion, if you've got a job to do, you must do it, and do it to the best of your ability.
I know things will calm down (as always) and I don't plan to have any bitter feelings toward anyone; but in the future I will play it safe and keep my distance from this person so I don't get dragged into another one of her 'run-ins' with a parishioner....I do not want to get involved with other people's problems. We've got no 'bond' there and we never will, so I will wait it out. I believe the next pastor or pastoral administrator that comes along will not put up with this kind of 'do as little work as possible' and 'I'm right no matter what anyone says' attitude, especially when it comes to jeopardizing the feelings of the people that really matter here; the parishioners. And I know it is out of my hands.....let God take care of this one! =)
Now for a little madness on a . . . . . Thursday?
1. I always exercise my right to vote. (If you are under 18, 'I will always exercise my right to vote as soon as I am old enough to.')
I cannot tell a lie; I didn't vote yesterday........so sorry!
2. I pay little or no attention to the campaign ads aired on television prior to a presidential election.
True; so very true. I cannot stand one person trying to make themselves look better by trying to make the next guy look bad.
3. I can see myself running for some type of political office someday.
Yeah right; False! NO way!!!
4. I believe we will see a woman become president in my lifetime.
True; I may be in my 80's or 90's but I do believe it's a possiblity.
5. I try to keep an open mind regarding all political issues.
True. I try to keep an open mind regarding all issues; politcal or non-political.
6. I believe the drinking age should be raised.
False. It wouldn't make one bit of difference........look at the speed limits! People will do what they want to do no matter what.
7. I think the legal age to vote should be raised.
False. 18 here in the USA; but I do agree with a lot of my fellow monday madness participants; one legal age all across the board.
8. I thought these qustions were interesting.
I thought these questions up because I couldn't think of anything else to ask! Were they interesting? I sure read some interesting answers!!
9. I will be back to play again!
Of course; I run the darn thing. Will I play on Monday someday??? Who knows?
~Bonus Question~ (stole this idea from wild fl0w3r!)
10. If I was the moderator of this meme, one question I would ask is........
I AM the moderator of this meme and I was desperate for some suggestions; very few people have emailed me with questions, so I took the sneaky way out. Plus, I saw fl0w3r do it so I copied the idea. (I hope you don't mind, wild fl0w3r!!)
But I did come up with one myself anyway; here 'tis:
"Who are 'they' anyway?" (as in 'You know what 'they' say........')
I am off to bed now. I started this post at 7:00 p.m. then got distracted so I saved it in notepad until I was able to come back to it. As you can see, it is now almost 1:00 a.m. I am working diligently to get my photos organized for 26 things.......look for it by the end of the week. Also, as promised, I will be posting some pics of the airshow. Oh yeah; any good, easy to understand tutorials on iframes would be greatly appreciated!!! I'm so confused. I know I can figure it out; just a little distracted right now. Thank you!!! =)
Tuesday, August 03, 2004
I'm a Lamborghini Murcielago!
I was true to my promise; I visited every person that participated in Monday Madness so far, and I commented on all the ones that allowed it. I collected a lot of really great questions to post in the weeks to come too! We're just going to have a bunch of 'potpourri' for awhile; see how that goes.
What's up with this 'Are You Single?' pop-up ad lately when I load my blog? It happens every now and again; quite annoying!
I still have 5 pictures to gather for 26 Things...then all I have to do is put a little page together and I'll post a link here. My mom and I sure had a good time with this photo scavenger hunt! I'm not going to see anyone else's pictures until I have all 26 of mine; I don't want to be influenced by them, although it would be nice to get some ideas for 'dummy.' 'Tis a hard one there!!
I bought 4 lbs of jalepenos tonight; 99 cents a pound! They're good and hot too; I chopped up (with the help of my handy little chopper) 1 1/2 pounds so far and froze them; I'll be back to get more later this week because I just know I'll be happy I did this come winter. You can pay up to 2.99 a pound in the off-season around here (that's IF you can even find them!) and I think it's utterly ridiculous! (Plus, you all know how cheap I am!) So I made tacos for dinner and could only eat a half of one of those peppers with my meal. I also made no-bake cookies because my daughter has been bugging me to make them for a couple weeks now...but they don't look or taste like the ones I remember making when we were kids. The ones I remember have more chocolate in them and not so much oatmeal....she got the recipe off the internet. Anybody have a good recipe for no-bake cookies??
I'll be posting my MM answers tomorrow; no time now! =) Gotta get some zzzzzz's.
Oh yeah; go wish Rosie a happy birthday! She's 31 today! =)
Here's a little quiz I grabbed from LDH's blog; I don't think it's accurate but it was fun anyway. Nice car too!
You're not subtle, but you don't want to be. Fast, loud, and dramatic, you want people to notice you, and then get out of the way. In a world full of sheep, you're a raging bull.
Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.
(I don't THINK so!!!) =)
goodnight . . . . .